Saturday, May 10, 2008

The Saturday Morning Post

I don't want to make a habit of it, but a Norman Rockwell inspired Saturday Morning Post can be enjoyable from time to time. For this installment, I want to showcase a blog entry by Sherrilynne Starkie at Strive Notes titled An Adventure in PR. It's a quick post, and I'd like you to read it for yourself, but it's an inspiring look at how a small change has made a big difference in her life. Yes, it's client service related to be sure and a solid track for all of us to consider.

Next, I'd like to thank Kelli Matthews for introducing me to PROpenMic. In just about a month's time I believe, PROpenMic as more than 700 members worldwide and describes itself this way:

PROpenMic is for public relations students and faculty from around the world. We welcome practitioners, too. The focus is on preparing the next generation of PR practitioners by enabling interaction with people from around the world in this community network. We already have members from 70+ colleges & universities from over 30 countries. Glad you're here! Have fun and learn from one another.

I encourage practitioners to have an active presence in this environment. What a great way to share and learn from one another. Off for my Saturday morning run now!

3 comments:

  1. It's great to have you as part of the PROpenMic community. It's a vibrant one, to be sure and it's a very diverse group that gives everyone a reason (and a way) to be part.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Kelli. ProOpenMic is already a success and it's poised to be a truly robust global community. I look forward to being a small part of it and encouraging others to get involved as well.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin