Thursday, June 26, 2008

I'd Like to Have A Wordle With You...



Yesterday was the last day of the guest blogger series at ToddAnd, with which I truly enjoyed participating. To wrap up the series, Darryl Ohrt of Brand Flakes for Breakfast used all of the text from our various posts and created a tag cloud using Wordle. It's a wonderful tool that allows you to create real artwork from words. Wordle offers great flexibility in use of font, color, and layout. The tag cloud you see above was made from my post yesterday.

Using Wordle, a picture can be a thousand words. Give it a try and see what you can create!

7 comments:

  1. I thought this was really interesting! So much so I did it myself :)http://smithkr.blogspot.com/2008/06/use-your-wordles.html

    However, I couldn't get my wordle to post a picture on my blog :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kristen - Yours is much more creative than mine. Nicely done and thanks for spreading the word!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kristen - Sorry, I should have addressed your concern regarding getting your Wordle to post directly on your blog. Because it's Java Script it doesn't allow you to download the image, but you can "print screen" and create your own image that way. After fumbling around with it for awhile, that's how I as able to do it. Hope that helps!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Leo, Wordle is very cool, thanks for sharing the link. I love finding new tools like this. Just found a similar site that allows you to create art (a mosaic) from digital pictures instead of words.

    http://bighugelabs.com/flickr/mosaic.php

    (I have no ties to the site, just thought it was cool!)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lara, I like it. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for sharing this site with us, Leo. I'm playing around with it now, and will post my Wordle for the Edelman New Media Academic Summit 08 later today.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Barbara, glad you are enjoying it. I think it's not only great fun, but think of the artwork you could create for friends and family using words you would attribute to them.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin