Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Time To Get Back To My Post(s)

I've taken somewhat of an extended Spring Break from posting on my blog. I could say that a combination of travel, teaching, and consulting has pulled me away, but the fact is, I've been busier and still maintained a solid posting schedule. If my blog were a client, he would have fired me by now.

In prior posts, I've compared many aspects of our business to running. Posting on a blog is no different. When you get into the routine of running all the time, it's easy to get up in the morning and hit the road. Over time you can easily get to the point, where it becomes so much a part of you, that you wouldn't miss it for the world. Break the routine, and it can have the opposite effect. And of course the longer you go between runs, the harder it is to get back into it. I'm afraid this has been the same dynamic that has afflicted me, resulting in my longer than planned break from posting.

I look forward to posting tomorrow and picking up where I left off - ironically enough, my last post was titled outputs and outcomes. (Putting on my running shoes more often wouldn't be such a bad idea either.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin