Friday, December 26, 2008
Have a safe and happy holiday season! See you in 2009!
Todd Andrlik, Gavin Heaton, Gerry Riskin, Darryl Ohrt, Drew McClellan, Kami Huyse, Michelle Golden, Tom Kane, Becky Carroll, Karen Miller Russell, Doug Simon, Martin Lynch, Leanne Heller, Jonathan Yarmis, Ampatzis Panagiotis, Joseph Wilburn, John Koetsier, Ruth Seeley, Jason Whitmen, Luke, Eric Montague, Michael Bourne, Larry Bodine, Tom Kane, More Partner Income, Rjon Robins, Jenny Love, Kevin O'Keefe, Jim Calloway, Dr. Alan Freitag, Stacia, Eric Eggertson, Marc Rapp, Liza Jones, Dan Hull, Maria Palma, Amanda Chapel, Matt Kucharski, Ben Waugh, Dr. Kent M. Keith, Kiker, John, Katie Paine, David Alston, David Maister, Laurie Wilhelm, Rodger Johnson, Geoff Livingston, David Mullen, Chris Brogan, Jose Teixiera, Jeff Davis, Scott Baradell, Sherrilynne Starkie, Lara Kretler, Lynn Crymble, Susan Iskiwitch, Angie Chaplin, Walter Stevenson, Sharon Bond, Joyce Lofstrom, Heather Yaxley, Tyler Hurst, Kristen Smith, Terry Morawski, Phil Gomes, Richard Rinyai, Robert French, Josh Morgan, Barbara B. Nixon, Todd Defren, Paul Ritchie, Timothy Parcell, Boyd Neil, Claire Celsi, Laurent Pfertzel, Catharine Montgomery, Rodger Johnson, Chris Mitchell, Jason Keeling, Andrew, Inga Rundquist, Michael Kolowich, Patrick J. Lamb, Brian Keith, Kelli Matthews, Shannon Paul and Ed Lee.
Monday, December 22, 2008
So during this holiday season, for those of us who'd rather do our shopping from the comforts of home, there may be no better place to do so than amazon.com. For my money, amazon doesn't just deliver the best service among internet retailers, but arguably the best among everyone.
The site has just about anything you want. It's easy to navigate, even easier to place an order (or gift order) , and if you shop them often enough, you don't have to re-enter the same information over and over again. Amazon has a great tracking sytem and, best of all, if you have a question or problem, the Click-to-Call service is hard to beat. It's not only that you receive a call from an amazon.com rep at the click of your mouse, but the representative already knows why you're calling and stands ready to help you.
So if you have any last minute shopping, consider a place where you'll get great prices and world class service!
Tuesday, December 16, 2008
- Trust yourself
- Consider it your responsibility to share your professional judgment
- Know your audience
- Prepare by understanding your point and anticipating any questions you may receive
- Make your point succinctly
- Do so in the broader interest, not self interest
- Persuade – don’t take ceremonial positions
- Be patient - let the information sink in
- Understand that bad news is better coming from you than from the outside
- Trust your leadership
Monday, December 15, 2008
Sunday, December 14, 2008
Link your original tagger(s) and list these rules in your post. Share seven facts about yourself in the post. Tag seven people at the end of your post by leaving their names and the links to their blogs. Let them know they’ve been tagged.
Thursday, December 11, 2008
- Goldner and his team are always trying to learn from their customers. It's more than just pouring through research or getting feedback from retailers, it's about keeping your eyes open at the childrens' birthday parties of family and friends both here and around the world. To see, and pay attention to, how and why children are responding the way they do upon opening and playing with their gifts adds important insights to raw data.
- Goldner is clearly a man who listens more than he talks. His natural curiosity and desire to understand what's happening with every aspect of the company in every corner of the world is palpable. When it comes to his customers, Goldner not only wants to know what media they're watching, but how they're watching.
- Goldner fundamentally understands that he's not just in the toy business. He's not leading a company that manufactures products; he builds experiences that shape the lives of young people, their families, and their communities. Because this is the lens through which he views Hasbro, the Hasbro brand naturally belongs in the broad spectrum of consumer entertainment experiences.
It's no secret why Hasbro has transformed and why it will prevail even in these tough economic times. It also shouldn't be lost on anyone that the companies with a reputation for delivering for their customers are not the ones needing bailouts right now.