Sunday, June 1, 2008

Something's Missing From Now Is Gone

About a month or so ago, Geoff Livingston was kind enough to send me a signed copy of his book now is gone, which he describes as "a primer on new media for executives and entrepreneurs." He wrote the book with Brian Solis. I read now is gone over the weekend, and I think it's a must read for those who are considering their first foray into social media. What I like most is that it doesn't attempt to crawl inside the minutiae of social media so much as offer solid advice regarding the mindset one must have to achieve success with it. The book not only makes you want to learn more, but invites you to participate. Nicely done.

What's missing you ask? Well, in the back of the book Geoff includes a number of interviews he conducted between March and June of 2007 in a chapter titled: Best of the Buzz Bin Interviews. Geoff posted my interview with Buzz Bin on April 5, 2007. (Do you see where I'm going with this?) For my own sense of self preservation, I'll simply assume that my temporary exit from the blogosphere, which took place shortly after that time period, was the reason the interview was cut.

My interview may not have made the book, but the words still live on at Buzz Bin. I invite you to read them. Feel free to weigh in as to whether you think they were worth the ink.

Geoff, congratulations on the success of your book. I only wish I had gotten to it sooner - missing interview notwithstanding ; - )

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin